Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Craft Fair at Pt Lookout in Northport

Over the weekend I participated in a show called Artfull-Gifts, in Northport, Maine.  The setting was gorgeous, as Pt Lookout is the former midcoast home of credit card giant MBNA.  Fine crafters from as far away at New Hampshire brought their work to show and sell.  Friday was a party night.  Wine and snacks were served as guests, who dressed up, strolled down the several aisles admiring the goods.  Saturday was the most hard core shopping day.  I sold several pieces at my booth.  I was lucky to have the help of good friend Beverly at my side.  I have yet to learn the skills of salesmanship, and it was Beverly who would encourage a potential customer to try some necklaces on.  I couldn't determine any trend in taste.  I sold simple and short turquoise necklaces, and more funky African styled pieces as well.  A few weeks ago I had seen pearls sell quickly, but not a one sold at the craft fair. 


All in all it was a lovely experience and I look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: